1. What are cookies and why do we use them in The Escudería.
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user's device when accessing certain web pages to store and retrieve information about the navigation that is carried out from said computer.
Cookies allow said website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the decisions and habits of the user. In The Escudería We use them to personalize the experience within our website, identify and remember the registered user and facilitate navigation.
On the Wikipedia page (https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookie_(informática)) it is possible to obtain more information about what with cookies and how they work
2. What type of cookies are used The Escudería?
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session or permanent cookies. The first ones expire when the user closes the browser. The second ones expire depending on when the objective for which they serve is fulfilled (for example, so that the user remains identified in The Escudería) or when deleted manually.
Additionally, depending on their purpose, Cookies can be classified as follows:
Performance cookies: This type of Cookie remembers your preferences for the tools found in the services, so you do not have to reconfigure the service each time you visit. As an example, this typology includes:
- Volume settings for video or sound players.
- The video transmission speeds that are compatible with your browser.
Geolocation cookies: These Cookies are used to find out which country you are in when you request a website or service. This Cookie is completely anonymous, and is only used to help guide the content to your location.
Registration cookies: Registration Cookies are generated once the User has registered or subsequently opened his session, and are used to identify him on the web and services with the following objectives:
- Keep the user identified so that, if he closes a service or website, the browser or the computer and at another time or another day re-enters said service or website, he will continue to be identified, thus facilitating his navigation without having to re-identify himself . This functionality can be suppressed if the user presses the "Exit" functionality, so that this Cookie is eliminated and the next time the user enters the web, the user will have to log in to be identified.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
- Additionally, some services may use third-party connectors such as Facebook, Twitter or Google. When the user registers in a service with credentials of a social network or third-party identification system, he authorizes the same to save a persistent cookie that remembers his identity and guarantees him access to the web until it expires. The user can delete this cookie and revoke access to the web through social networks or third-party identification system by updating their preferences in the specific social network.
Analytical cookies: Every time a User visits a Website or Service, a tool from an external provider (Google Analytics, comScore and the like) generates an analytical cookie on the user's device. This cookie that is only generated during the visit, will serve in future visits to the services of The Escudería to identify the visitor anonymously. The main objectives that are pursued are:
- Allow anonymous identification of browsing users through the "Cookie" (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate count of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
- Anonymously identify the most visited content and therefore the most attractive to users
- Know if the user who is accessing is new or repeats visit.
Important: Unless the User decides to register in The Escudería, the cookie will never be associated with any personal data that can identify you. These cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help optimize the user experience on the site.
Advertising cookies: This type of cookies allows you to expand the information of the advertisements shown to each anonymous user in The Escudería. Among others, the duration or frequency of display of advertising positions, the interaction with them, or the browsing patterns and / or behaviors of the user are stored as they help to form a profile of advertising interest. In this way, they allow to offer advertising related to the interests of the user.
3. How to disable cookies in the browser
Most browsers currently allow the user to configure whether they want to accept cookies and which of them. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'Preferences' of your browser menu.
These are the instructions to configure cookies in the main browsers:
- Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings.
For more information, you can check Google support or browser Help.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings.
For more information, you can check Mozilla support or browser Help.
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or browser Help.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security.
For more information, you can check Apple support or browser Help.